The Government has provided additional funding to provide new, substantial primary school sport funding in order to improve the provision of physical education and sport in primary schools. This funding can only be spent on provision for PE and sport in schools. Schools will be held accountable for how they have used the additional funding to support pupils progress and participation in PE and school sport.
Allocation: All schools with 17 or more primary-aged pupils will receive a lump sum of £16000 plus a premium of £10 per pupil.
We believe in a holistic approach to the development of sport and physical activity for all and encourage collaboration and partnership working to make the best use of resources and enhance PE and sport provision in order to raise participation and achievement for all pupils.
In planning how to allocate the grant we have worked to the following principles:
- all children benefit regardless of sporting ability
- children are given the opportunity to compete in tournaments with other schools
- staff have access to training opportunities and continued professional development
- some activities may be subsidised so that pupils do not miss out due to financial constraints
- we make use of collaborative and partnership working