The Government has provided additional funding to provide new, substantial primary school sport funding in order to improve the provision of physical education and sport in primary schools. This funding can only be spent on provision for PE and sport in schools. Schools will be held accountable for how they have used the additional funding to support pupils progress and participation in PE and school sport.
We believe in a holistic approach to the development of sport and physical activity for all and encourage collaboration and partnership working to make the best use of resources and enhance PE and sport provision in order to raise participation and achievement for all pupils.
For the year 2023-2024 schools with 17 or more eligible pupils will receive £16,000 and an additional £10 per pupil. Paddock Wood Primary Academy will receive a total of £21,180. In planning how to allocate the grant we have considered the following principles:
- All children benefit regardless of sporting ability and regardless of financial constraints
- A whole school commitment to high quality PE teaching and continued professional development
- A whole school commitment to physical fitness and well-being including a healthy lifestyle
- Children are given the opportunity to compete in tournaments and collaborate and work in partnership with other schools and sporting organisations
- Ensuring all children achieve 25 metres in swimming and are able to swim a range of strokes.