Full, approved uniform is to be worn to school and parents are expected to support school policy on uniform. Most of our uniform can be purchased from the school uniform retailer of your choice, however the school tie and jumper/cardigan and the PE t-shirt with the school logo must be purchased from Brigade or Simmonds. All Paddock Wood Primary Academy uniform supplied by Brigade and Simmonds can be bought online. Alternatively Simmonds has a shop in Eldon Way, Paddock Wood.
- A blue v-neck knitted jumper or cardigan which displays the school logo (Simmonds/Brigade)
- House coloured tie (available in clip on for younger children) (Simmonds/Brigade)
- Black shoes – must be an appropriate safe style without large heels (trainers should not be worn) (any supplier)
- Grey long or short trousers for boys and optional for girls – no jogging bottoms, jeans or track suit bottoms (any supplier)
- Grey pinafore dress (with or without school logo) or skirt with white socks or grey tights (any supplier)
- Children must have appropriate named outdoor wear that can protect them from both cold and damp weather conditions.
- Summer dress in blue and white checks (any supplier)
- White socks with skirts or dresses (any supplier)
- Navy shorts (any supplier)
- House coloured tee shirt with logo (Simmonds/Brigade)
- Black plimsolls. Trainers may be worn but only for outdoor PE lessons.
As part of the curriculum in the Foundation stage children are encouraged to use the outdoor environment. It is essential that the children have appropriate named outdoor coats and shoes suitable for the weather.
Uniform items with the embroidered school logo are purchased from Simmonds at a reasonable cost. Simmonds offers a vast selection of other optional items, full details can be found on the the Simmonds website.
For the safety of all children, jewellery should not be worn at school. Parents are respectfully requested to support this requirement to prevent loss and/or injury.
Children with pierced ears are permitted to wear small stud earrings only. These must be removed before PE lessons or covered with micropore tape (to be provided by the parent) to prevent loss and/or injury.
Hairstyles and Presentation
We like our children to be of smart appearance. Unnaturally coloured hair or shaved heads or patterns shaved into the hair are not suitable for school as this draws attention to a child in an unhelpful way. Long hair should be tied back for reasons of hygiene and safety.
Money and Valuables
Children are discouraged from bringing money or valuables to school other than when requested by the school. Where this is unavoidable, money and valuables should never be left in cloakrooms but given to the class teacher for safekeeping until the end of the day.
Please ensure all clothing and property is clearly marked so that lost articles may be easily traced and returned. The school cannot accept responsibility for loss or damage of pupils’ property and valuables.