Whilst all children in Years EYFS ,1 and 2 will be offered a free healthy school lunch, children in Years 3 to 6 may also be entitled to receive them if you are entitled to one of the following;
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child tax credit with an annual gross income into the household that is no more than £16,190, provided you are not entitled to working tax credit. If you are entitled to any part of working tax credit there is no eligibility with the exception of working tax run-on as shown below
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
If you are in receipt of any of the above (regardless of whether your child is in Years R to 2) registering for free meals could raise an extra £1,300 for our school, to fund valuable support, such as additional teaching staff and after school activities.
You only need to register once and it will last for the duration of your child’s time at Paddock Wood Primary Academy. You can register online here. If you need any assistance with registration, or do not have the technology at home to do so, please speak to the school office or use the iPad in the entrance area outside the office.