To view the Ofsted dashboard, please click here. The Board of Leigh Academies Trust has a range of powers and responsibilities that it is legally required to carry out, working in a close, balanced partnership with the Chief Executive and Academy Principals, to ensure that each Academy provides the best possible education for all its students.
Detailed, cross-cutting work is carried out by three central Committees – Standards, Resources and Audit – which report to the full Trust Board.
Paddock Wood Primary Academy also has its local Development Group, which monitors the Academy’s work and progress closely. Any issues requiring decision are brought to the attention of the Mascalls Academies Board, which is responsible for the governance of each Academy under its purview. In particular, it performs the following statutory functions:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction;
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent. The Chair of Paddock Wood Primary Academy Development Group also sits on the Mascalls Academies Board to ensure effective, coherent governance across the local cluster of academies as a whole.
The Chair of Paddock Wood Primary Academy Development Group also sits on the Mascalls Academies Board to ensure effective, coherent governance across the local cluster of academies as a whole.
Further Information About Governance
The following links will take you to further information regarding the Academy’s governance arrangements:
- Central Kent Cluster Governance Structure (with names of governors)
- Trust’s Annual Report and Audited Accounts [2016-2017]
- Trust’s Annual Report and Audited Accounts [2017-2018]
- Trust’s Funding Agreement and Articles of Association
- Leigh Academies Trust Governance Structure
- Development Group’s Terms of Reference
If you have any queries concerning governance at the Trust or its Academies, please contact us by email at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.